[ale] [ALE] So the winner is?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed May 19 20:57:47 EDT 2021

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 03:42:48PM -0400, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
> Instances are re-created programmatically. Much of the OS is becoming
> bloat that does not support the application. Unless you're doing the
> datacenter for Amazon, your statement doesn't quite fit.

If your point is that it's easier to "consume" black-box images that
someone else creates without having any idea what/how things inside
work, then sure, I would agree.

Meanwhile, someone still has to (1) put those images together, and (2) be able
to debug it when (not if!) something breaks.

But hey, the fewer people that know how to get their hands dirty, the
more money I get to charge.  Suffice it to say I'm actually looking
forward to the Y2038 panic.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)