[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: Bash Scripts: When to break them into files

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Apr 27 18:04:58 EDT 2021

Allen Beddingfield via Ale said on Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:33:17 +0000

>Microsoft Teams even works surprisingly well on Linux these days.

That   depends   on   your   distro.

Prior to giving my first online Troubleshooting class in December 2020,
I tried extremely hard to work with the customer's choice, MS Teams. I
had to install Pulseaudio, which I consider an irritating source of
mutes. Finally I got a "time limited" access to MS Teams. But I had to
get some sort of Microsoft identity, which I managed to do. THEN I had
to incorporate that identity into my smartphone. I don't have a
smartphone, and even if I did, does one really want such a wide ranging
conglomeration just to do what Jitsi does all by itself?

Hey, Teams is great in the corporate world, where they base their
workflow on it. But if all you want to do is online meetings in which
anybody can take over the screen to show what's on their monitor, Teams
is inconvenient and a lot of overkill.

SteveT

Steve Litt