[ale] Bash Scripts: When to break them into files

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Apr 27 17:51:34 EDT 2021

>On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 11:18 AM Steve Litt via Ale <ale at ale.org>
>wrote:
>
>> How about the more universally Linux-accessible Jitsi instead of
>> Zoom?
>>
>> SteveT

Adrya Stembridge said on Tue, 27 Apr 2021 11:21:16 -0400

>Zoom works perfectly on my debian based systems.

I know that. Same with Ubuntu and derivatives, Redhat and derivatives,
and all other distros that assume you'll be using Pulseaudio. For
distros not making this assumption, and there are many, Zoom is very
tricky to get running, and requires the user to install Pulseaudio,
which under such conditions acts as a state based land of a thousand
mutes.

Meanwhile, Jitsi works for *all* distros, although in some setups you
might have to use Chromium for Jitsi.

SteveT

Steve Litt