[ale] ALE meeting location

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:59:15 EDT 2020

Hyperbole from poster. We all understand the tone of the verbage. As the country is under a presidential emergency status, yes, the CDC _could_ issue a ban.

As someone hitting the at risk age range (grr on many levels), it's a ban in my mind. Had to suspend karate classes at the dojo last week.

On March 16, 2020 12:30:50 AM EDT, lnxgnome via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>/Banned/?  I don't believe the CDC has that kind of authority (yet) ...
>
>...in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass
>gatherings,
>*recommends* that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or
>individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50
>people or more throughout the United States.
>
>https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
>

>On 3/15/20 11:21 PM, Steve Litt via Ale wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 16:01:41 -0400
>> Sean Kilpatrick via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>>
>>> suggest that we meet instead at 8 pm at Melton's.  :)
>> The CDC just banned meetings over 50 people, to slow the spread of
>this
>> virus so as to keep peak usage within the capabilities of our
>> healthcare system. At this point, physical public meetings of any
>size
>> are ill advised.
>>
>> We're lucky we live in an era where, one way or another, we can meet
>> online. Out of respect to the old and frail within the society, I
>think
>> we should take advantage of online meeting capabilities.
>>
>> Nobody wants to be responsible for killing Grampa.
>>
>> SteveT
>>
>> Steve Litt
>> March 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
>> http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.