[ale] Alternative phone operating systems?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 12:45:17 EDT 2020

Still rockin' my LG V20 running LineageOS 14.1 . Had to run an Exploit to
install, but no bloatware and no Carrier-installed spyware or adware.  Mic
works good for phone calls but not for speakerphone.

Watching the following phones with interest:

Librem 5 ( https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/ )  This one allegedly uses a
non-Android kernel. Very intriguing. Not yet really in production though.
Fairphone 3 ( https://shop.fairphone.com/en/ )  Not easily available in the
USA.  May not be compatible with US carriers.  Hardware is really easy to
fix or upgrade. Removable battery.
Teracube ( https://myteracube.com/ )  GSM only. Available on Amazon.
Non-replaceable battery.
I was interested in OnePlus ( https://www.oneplus.com/ ) but their later
models lack a 2.5 mm audio jack. Deal killer for me.

-- CHS