[ale] Alternative phone operating systems?

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Tue Jun 16 17:35:12 EDT 2020

I've run some variation of LineageOS (or its predecessor CyanagenMod) as my daily for ~6 years or so.  Moto Droid 1 & 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and now a Moto X4.  Experience has generally been good.

Only real complaint at the moment is a persistent problem w/ rural GPS navigation w/ Google Navigator (doesn't happen w/ Waze) - location is good, but it has trouble finding the new route.  Showed up on the Note 3, then went away w/ stock Moto X4, then came back w/ LineageOS on the Moto.  I like the other benefits enough I work around it for now.

later!
    horkan