[ale] isp questions

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:47:29 EDT 2020

Yep! Been hit twice. First one literally welded the drive heads to the platter as well as cooking/burning/exploding everything else on my first computer.

Second time, massive joule strike on a tree 5 feet from the house with me less than 10 feet from the tree inside the house. EVERY hair stood straight out. Removing the socks was interesting. A 2 pack of florescent 4' bulbs glowed so brightly they melted the plastic wrap to them. EVERY computer failed over the next week. Every electronic device died in the next month. All the ups devices survived. The surge was through the network wires.

Neighbor had their fuse box, um, well, fused. Tree lived but the pine cones on it have never fallen off. Been 20 years.

--
"no government by experts in which the masses do not have the chance to inform the experts as to their needs can be anything but an oligarchy managed in the interests of the few.” - John Dewey