[ale] isp questions

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Jun 15 23:15:23 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:59:19PM -0400, SpaXpert, Inc. via Ale wrote:
> Good God, why is so much of what I call 'normal connectivity' so complex in
> this forum?  Are all you folks still trying to resurrect dsl from 1995 and
> shit.  What is the point of all of this.  At 60 years old should I be
> offended?  This makes no sense.  To me y'all are tripping over paper clips
> to save a few bucks.  Are we all that broke and can't afford real world
> internet?

I don't think anyone who is still using DSL has any meaningful choice in
the matter.

Where I live, "real" internet would be at least four digits a month.
Plus probably five digits to get it established.  Digits to the
left of the decimal place, that is.

Suffice it to say I'm eagerly awaiting Starlink.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)