[ale] Suggestion for a Good Linux/Desktop

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Dec 28 10:37:00 EST 2020

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 10:22:35 -0500
"James Sumners \(ALE\) via Ale" <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> On October 18, 2020 at 07:42:39, Contact VPV via Ale (ale at ale.org)
> wrote: All,
>
> I have been using Linux Mint with Cinnamon Desktop for the past few
> years as my daily driver. I am able to get most of the things. But
> there are a few times the Cinnamon Desktop just freezes and crashes
> while I am in the middle of some work. This kind of throws me off. I
> have tried most of the tricks on the LM forums and nothing leads me
> to a proper solution.

Just playing a hunch: Do you have an nVidia graphics card? I had this
problem with an nVidia, replaced it with a Radeon 5450 with 2GB RAM,
and now I have no crashes or hangs.

This happened on Void Linux. It also happened on System Rescue CD
booted to the DVD drive.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive