[ale] Fixing systemd and pulseaudio: was UEFI vs BIOS understanding

Jim Ransone jim.ransone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:56:11 EST 2020

What Boris said. Ardour is closer to ProTools, which most recording
professionals use. Audacity is pretty limited. If you're going to be
recording and editing multiple tracks, Ardour would be the way to go IMO.

The only thing I ever use Audacity for is converting audio from one
format to another. I have a program called Transcribe that slows down
and loops audio (great for learning guitar licks) but it only likes
mp3's. So I haven't encountered any problems with Audacity related to
alsa/jack/pulseaudio. I don't even know what configuration of those it
uses. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. As I mentioned, with Ardour, I just
selected the recommended alsa only option, which is faster and trouble free.

Jim