[ale] Fwd: Voting machines

Edward O. Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Tue Dec 15 08:38:36 EST 2020

Delusional. Take your shit somewhere else.

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 10:07 PM Bob Toxen via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 08:50:11PM -0500, Solomon Peachy wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 06:55:23PM -0500, Bob Toxen via Ale wrote:
> > > This is done in Florida, where I voted for the first time in November.
>
> > I've been voting in FL since 2002, in four different counties.
>
> > > Each voter watches the counting machine process.  Maybe even have it
> > > print out a receipt showing who was voted for the voter to take home.
> > > Paper ballots should be kept by county for 1-5 years and are the
> official
> > > record in case recount or audit.
>
> > Reciepts mean nothing; if the machine "lies" in what it counts then it
> > can lie on the reciept too.
> Good point.
>
> > Only the actual ballot matters.
> Agreed.
>
> > > Each ballot is sequentially numbered with a digital signature on the
> > > ballot that is verified by the scanner.  It is tracked which numbered
> > > ballots went to each precinct and verified during scanning.  That
> numbered
> > > ballot should be tracked at each point
>
> > I don't recall if there is a unique number printed on the actual ballot
> > itself, but the ballot books are definitely numbered and tracked to the
> > precinct.  Spoiled ballots are accounted for, and "used ballots" must
> > equal "counted+spoiled ballots"; also the number of counted ballots must
> > match the number of folks who checked into the precinct.  Once the
> > ballot goes into the box, it cannot be removed by the local poll
> > workers, and at every step where the ballots (and boxes) are handled,
> > multiple observers are present.
>
> > > This prevents bogus ballots from being injected, which appears to have
> > > happened in the November election.
>
> > [Citation needed]
>
> > > Obviously track when voter votes, either in person or by mail, to
> prevent
> > > multiple voting.
>
> > This is already done.
> Great.  Florida voting seems much more secure than Georgia!
>
> > > Of course check for a voter voting in multiple precents in a state
>
> > Registration in FL is statewide, and at time of voting your name is
> > checked against the list of folks registered for that precinct.  Not on
> > the list?  Provisional ballot for you, providing you show the required
> > documentation showing you are legally allowed to vote in that precinct.
> Good.
>
> > > Spot checking of paper ballots vs machine counts to detect flaky or
> > > hacked scanners.
>
> > Already the case.
> Good.
>
> > > Picture state or Federal government ID must be provided for
> registration
> > > or in person voting or copy of same (or similar solution) for mail-in
> > > ballots.  Much fraud here.
>
> > Already the case.  Oh, and [citation needed].
> Yes, in Florida and Georgia for in person voting.
>
> > > Of course match the voter's voting signature (sign in at poll or outer
> [...]

MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This
message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it - you should
not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any other
person. Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this
message and any attachments for viruses. Any unauthorized use or
interception of this e-mail is illegal.