[ale] Good Linux Laptop from Lenovo?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Dec 7 09:28:52 EST 2020

On Mon, Dec 07, 2020 at 08:48:30AM -0500, Derek Atkins via Ale wrote:
> I am running a T470p that I bought 3 1/2 years ago.  Been running Linux on
> it sice the start.  Only issue is that I just upgraded from F29 to F33 and
> now my WiFi is disconnecting frequently when the host goes into
> screen-save mode.  Of course, the WiFi (Intel 8265) was EOLed so current
> drivers don't really support it.  :(

You can always swap out the wifi card; Intel's latest-gen .ax stuff can
be had on amazon for under $20.

(FWIW, I'm currently running Fedora on a Thinkpad T495.  Solid,
 performant, and reliable)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)