[ale] IBM is buying Redhat!

Simba simbalion-ale at tailpuff.net
Mon Oct 29 09:01:36 EDT 2018

With all due respect, I can't take your opinions seriously when you say
philosophy doesn't matter. Our entire nation was built on philosophy.
Our government serves the people and purposes of that nation.

Anyhow there's additional reasons, for example the ease of upgrading
Debian based systems.

In a sane world we would not only be talking about servers and
specialized infrastructure but desktops as well, in fact desktops are
where the bulk of any OS deployment would take place in any government
agency.

If the government were to adopt Debian (and it should not be a
per-agency choice, that's insanity.), vendors and support would appear.
That's the nature of free market capitalism, it can adapt to shifting
markets and that happens literally all the time with government contract
opportunities.

Philosophy matters probably more than everything else.

Simba Lion - https://tailpuff.net
https://keybase.io/simbalion