[ale] Debian fork thoughts?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:42:55 EST 2014

It's really not about faster boot times. It's about a better managed init
process. By having all the stuff that starts at boot run by a single
process that does all the start and stops, plus providing insight into
failures, the idea is to make the system more robust.

Granted, my first custom systemd script is not yet working. But then my
first custom initd scripts also didn't work.

Side note: some centos7 systems don't run journalctl and some do. No
pattern stands out yet. Weird.