[ale] Debian fork thoughts?

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 06:37:11 EST 2014

Does this systemd vs init controversy actually lead out to anything
useful?  I reboot my laptop a lot and I have never pined away for a faster
boot time.  Ubuntu Studio 14.04LTS  seems to be running both daemons, but
starting with init.

me at telcontar-2:~$ pgrep init
1
2606
3780
me at telcontar-2:~$ pgrep systemd
373
1047
me at telcontar-2:~$ uname -a
Linux telcontar-2 3.13.0-41-lowlatency #70-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 25
15:07:35 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

When I was running a lot of Debian systems, I hardly ever rebooted any of
them, except lab environment hosts.  I have never seen a kernel panic,
except on my laptop, where I beta test stuff.  I am running Fedora VMs and
have not felt that the systemd initialization was much faster than any
other initiation system.

Wolf Halton
Mobile 678-687-6104
--
Expand Your Vision = Enhance Your Impact
Marketing and Security in the Cloud - http://AtlantaCloudTech.com