[ale] [OffTopic] LOPSA Atlanta Chapter

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 10:30:09 EDT 2013

Some answers, as best I can say, just now.

-- I am pleased to see there is so much interest in this idea.  I also see
it as a professional, rather than enthusiast group, with a wider
interest-base than strictly Linux.

-- We are working on getting a lopsa-ATL listserv going - This will
simplify the contact loop (one hopes).

-- The google-hangout thing would maybe be a good option for people who
have trouble getting around in ATL traffic, or are a couple of states away,
however we are planning to have a  physical location where members and
non-members can meet.  More on the location as soon as there is anything to
report.

-- We are planning to have a meeting on the 26th of July, which I have
mentioned to some but not all. This coincides with Sys-Admin Appreciation
day.

-- Local-ATL, like the national org, is not averse to people who are not
LOPSA-members coming to the meetings.  If the $50 dues is too much, there
is also a student rate at 1/2 that.

-- So far as I have seen, there is no local-sig extra dues expected.

Wolf Halton

Security in the Cloud - http://AtlantaCloudTech.com<http://atlantaCloudTech.com>
Apache Developer wolfhalton at apache.org