[ale] OT I had to relate this Comcast conversation with y'all

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Jun 26 16:43:08 EDT 2012

Comcast has lied to me as well.

Once when I was having connection issues they insisted the issue was my PC (which was Windows).   When I told them it was clear to me the issue was the connection to my cable modem from their end they told me that they tested it and saw no issues.  They were bit put out when I explained to them they couldn't possibly have tested it when it was turned off.  I also noted that when it was on the lights were clearly indicating the issue was the connection to their side rather than connection to the PC.  I could see it trying to establish endlessly to no avail.

I think their move to Xfinity name is in the hopes that all the people that know how bad Comcast is might somehow mistaked this for a new company.

However, I haven't found Awful Telephone & Telegraph to me much better in troubleshooting or honesty.   All I have with them is landline and it had severe static.  When I called to complain about it they gave me the usual spiel about no inside wire maintenance plan and how they'd have to bill me if the technician they were dispatching found the issue wasn't outside my building.   When I suggested it would be easier for me to go ahead and have them disconnect the phone now they miraculously determined the issue was on their side without needing to send the tech out to me.  (They did send the tech to fix the issue on their equipment.)  It was interesting to me that they couldn't tell it was on their side until I threatened to simply discontinue the service.