[ale] Running a hands off remote Linux installation

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:42:31 EDT 2012

I set up a pc at my mom's house with some security cameras attached, and I
had trouble with the power going off occasionally.  In the BIOS there was a
setting to tell the computer to boot whenever the external power came on,
but it was poorly named; something like 'Power Off Options.'   There were
three options, boot, don't boot, and boot if it was running when external
power went off.  It works, mostly, but it does not have an orderly shutdown
when the power goes off.  I think that would improve things.
...John