[ale] Running a hands off remote Linux installation

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jul 31 10:19:20 EDT 2012

On 07/31/2012 09:22 AM, Erik Mathis wrote:
> You need something like this.
> http://www.rackmountsolutions.net/Infra-Power-Switched-Rack-PDU.php
>
> Stay away from the Triplite ones. APC has really good ones, but costs
> boat loads of money.
I can't find prices on any of them but they look expensive.  I don't
think I have the budget for this.

> I've never used the one pasted above, but I was already on that
> website loking for something else. What ever you get, you will want a
> SWITCHED strip verse a metered or monitored. The former only allows
> you to login and see how the power is being used. Switched allows you
> to turn on/off each port.
>
> Of course, your network gear needs to come online be for you do this.
I'm hoping that will happen.  I'm leaning toward building a power
control box that will wait until the power is stable for N minutes
before applying power to the network equipment to prevent bounces from
confusing them.