[ale] [OT] rant - decadence in society - DRM

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:26:57 EDT 2011

On 2011/03/29, at 17:11 , Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com
> > wrote:
> And yet, without those evil corporations we would not be swimming in
> the happy sea of
>
> (toxic waste dumps caused by unregulated production of)
>
> cheap and wonderful hardware which we inhabit.  I
> bought a 1/2 terabyte drive at Fry's the other day for $50
>
> (that was built by children who are nearly slaves in China).
>
>  Small shops and artisanal craftsmanship cannot produce that kind of
> machinery at that price
>
> (and theyhave no desire to produce WalMart-level quality).
>
>  Corporations are certainly capable of
> outrageous behavior, but that's only half the story.
> (The other half is the rampant greed that drives economic system
> to near global collapse)
>
> -- CHS
>
> I have almost zero trust for any process that holds the top level
> blameless
> and harmless from their decisions. Corporations are my prime example.
> Political leaders are the secondary example.

Here's more of the reality.  The nicest thing about these videos is that
the simple, clear, down to earth way that Annie Leonard presents the
Truth, it might even be possible for delusional, child killing,
drooling,
Glenn Beck foil hat conspiracy nut, teabagger terrorist, Koch brother
teahadist puppet hate monger types to understand it (assuming it's
possible for them to pull their zombie heads out of their sphincters
for all of ten minutes):

<http://www.youtube.com/storyofstuffproject#p/u/22/9GorqroigqM>

Makes me want to take out a billboard ad for all those patricidal
killers of the American Dream:
Hey STOOPID!  It's the CORPORATIONS that are coproRAPING
you, and corpoRAPING your economy, and corpoRAPING your
country, and corpoRAPING your freedoms, and corpoRAPING your
children, and, with the aid of YOUR blissful ignorance and
compliant infantile denial and rabid right wing media puppet
zombie hate mongering terrorism, they are coproRAPING the
future of everyone and everything else on the entire planet, too!

peace
aaron