[ale] Domain Registrar

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Jan 22 22:46:11 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 22:17 -0500, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> Two points.  Have you ever attempted to transfer a domain from 1and1
> another register?  I have and it was the most painful process.  It
> took
> weeks.

I have not tried that, so you may well be right.

> How do you like their web mail?  Personally, I find it horrible.
> Terribly slow, painful to use.

I only use web mail when my normal machines are down for maintenance,
etc.  Using their web mail is functional.  Speed wise, it's probably 50%
slower than using my POP client.  I have no frame of reference to
compare to other web mail services, since I don't use gmail, etc.  Your
internet connection speed may make a difference in the perceived
performance.  I have 20 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up, so using a remote
service is not too bad.  I still prefer a local client though.

Ron