[ale] Recording & Distributing ALE meetings (was Re: ALE CENTRAL MTG. for 7:30pm on Thursday, February 17, 2011 CE (reprise))

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Wed Feb 16 23:33:01 EST 2011

Aaron,

I think you should see this website. I found it while googling around. I
know nothing about it other than what I found out in a few minutes. They
have some demo videos that run on YouTube that look very cool. This
appears to be a full scale university quality audio / video lecture
recording and distribution system. And, it's open source.

http://www.opencastproject.org/project/matterhorn_introduction_0
http://www.opencastproject.org/matterhorn_tour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqC-0PFka8M

I have no idea what it would take to set this up. However, if you decide
to implement something like this, I'd like to be involved for the
learning experience.

Ron

On 02/16/2011 08:46 PM, arxaaron wrote:
> On 2011/02/16, at 15:25 , Ron Frazier wrote:
>

>> 1and1.com offers some shared hosting plans with no bandwidth cap.
>> Also,
>> libsyn also offers no bandwidth cap. I'm sure there are others.
>>
>> Ron
>>
> Thanks Ron, but the bandwidth for hosting podcast or download
> content isn't  so much the issue, though that is a downstream
> consequential consideration.
<snip>