[ale] Microsoft can brag about something other than the X-Box now...

David B. linux at roguepc.com
Thu Oct 4 14:19:31 EDT 2007

I have Flash installed on both Konqueror & FireFox, but also have
Flashblock plug-in in-use for FF 2.0.0.5 (yast doesn't have 2.0.0.7 yet
"I'm lazy") which is great to turn on and off the flash. Also when Flash
was in beta last year I ran the stable version on FF and beta on
Konqueror. Still the M$ site doesn't have auto play enabled for Flash
(curious). Excel programmers are they possibly left-over Windowz "ME"
programmers??? OH No that's right they where put on Vista, Oh well:-)

Davoid

Robert Reese wrote:

>>> That doesn't work when you don't have flash installed.  ;c)
>> My defalt browser has no flash and never will. Secondary browser has the
>> latest linux version installed. Best of both worlds IMHO. Only see that
>> silly stuff when I want to see it!
>

> Same here, I use Opera 9.x as my main browser and Firefox 2.x as my backup.  FF does have flash installed, right along with Flashblock.  If I want to see it, I can just click on it in Firefox.  That doesn't happen very often, though.  YouTube is about the only place I care to see anything Flash-based, and Flashblock does allow whitelists.
>
> That said, I don't go out of my way to look at flash-based websites from webmasters who are too lazy to use HTML alternative content.  Flash is NOT web development platform, just like HTML is NOT for email.  ;cO
> ::.. Oh, snap!  No he didn't! ..::
>

> Oh, by the way, yet another embarrassment:  Apparently there's some bugs in Excel 2007 concerning math.  Oops!  http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/09/24/2339203.shtml  Old news but still funny as hell.
>
> Cheers,
> Robert~

>    * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *
>
> SIXIT Consulting
> O: (478) 599-1301
> Cell: 678-438-6955 or (478) 599-1301
> Fax: 866-355-3720 (Toll-Free)
>
> 2907-I Watson Blvd
> Warner Robins, GA 31093-8535
> United States

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem Buy her
flowers!