[ale] Microsoft can brag about something other than the X-Box now...

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Oct 3 17:39:01 EDT 2007

On 10/3/2007 at 4:40 PM William Bagwell wrote:

>On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Robert Reese wrote:
>
>> >Right click and select play
>>
>> That doesn't work when you don't have flash installed. ?;c)
>
>My defalt browser has no flash and never will. Secondary browser has the
>latest linux version installed. Best of both worlds IMHO. Only see that
>silly stuff when I want to see it!

Same here, I use Opera 9.x as my main browser and Firefox 2.x as my backup.  FF does have flash installed, right along with Flashblock.  If I want to see it, I can just click on it in Firefox.  That doesn't happen very often, though.  YouTube is about the only place I care to see anything Flash-based, and Flashblock does allow whitelists.

That said, I don't go out of my way to look at flash-based websites from webmasters who are too lazy to use HTML alternative content.  Flash is NOT web development platform, just like HTML is NOT for email.  ;cO
::.. Oh, snap!  No he didn't! ..::

Oh, by the way, yet another embarrassment:  Apparently there's some bugs in Excel 2007 concerning math.  Oops!  http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/09/24/2339203.shtml  Old news but still funny as hell.

Cheers,
Robert~