[ale] VPN question

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:16:34 EST 2007

I am sorely lacking in experience with VPN (and tunneling in general) so
while I am working google over I thought I would see if anyone could
point me in the general direction.

My friend's workplace is M$ centered so he will be connecting to his XP
computer through "Remote Desktop Connection".  He wants to use his
Ubuntu (whichever is current) computer at home to connect with his XP
computer at work.

The information he has is this:
the https website
his computer name
his user name
his password

I vaguely remember using "vpnc" in Debian and editing a <something>.conf
file to put in my information (although i used an IP address and not
www.something.blah), but that has been a while.

If there is something graphical and already in Ubuntu that would
probably be the easier for him.

Thanks all,
Preston