[ale] Firefox 2.0 vrs 1.5

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 16:24:19 EDT 2006

I've used Firefox 1.5 for a long time now, and I have really liked it.
Two things that Firefox 2.0 do differently frustrate me.   First is
searching for text in a web page has changed.  In FF 1.5 you could hit
CTRL+F and get a neat little box at the bottom of the page to find
next/previous, etc.  In FF 2.0 all you get is a text box and you have to
figure out what key strokes to press to navigate the search text.

Secondly, FF 2.0 seems to have issues for me wrt multiple windows
displaying various active (i.e. mplayer, flash, java) content.  My
experiences was that 2 or more "active" windows caused all open browser
sessions to hang. The only way to recover was to "killall firefox-bin".

So, I am sticking with FF 1.5 for now.  Any one else see similar or
other "problems"?

-Jim P.