[ale] Resolved: Thanks Re: How can I run *.jnlp (Java apps) from Firefox?

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 31 08:55:39 EST 2006

ALErs -

After confirming I did _not_ have 'javaws' from the SuSE 'jre' package, I
downloaded and installed the RPM from Sun's website. This installation
both provided 'javaws' and linked it into my $PATH. Next time I started
Firefox I could open the java-based site I needed.

In reference to the recent 'OT' flames, I'll just say that >95% of my
Linux questions and probably >90% of my 'OT' (usually MsWindoze) questions
get speedy(!) and effective answers here. I really don't know any resource
that compares to ALE, Gentle(?) Readers/Writers. For me that's well worth
hitting 'D' a few times as I go down the index.

Thanks again.
 - Mills