[ale] Firefox 2.0 vrs 1.5

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 16:36:20 EDT 2006

Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I've used Firefox 1.5 for a long time now, and I have really liked it.
> Two things that Firefox 2.0 do differently frustrate me.   First is
> searching for text in a web page has changed.  In FF 1.5 you could hit
> CTRL+F and get a neat little box at the bottom of the page to find
> next/previous, etc.  In FF 2.0 all you get is a text box and you have to
> figure out what key strokes to press to navigate the search text.

I don't have that problem.  Well, not exactly.  Pressing "/" in FF 2.0
brings up a line that says "Quick Find:" with a text box and nothing
else.  Pressing Control+F yields a line like this, though:

[x] Find: _____________ [Next] [Previous] [Highlight all] [_] Match Case

> Secondly, FF 2.0 seems to have issues for me wrt multiple windows
> displaying various active (i.e. mplayer, flash, java) content.  My
> experiences was that 2 or more "active" windows caused all open browser
> sessions to hang. The only way to recover was to "killall firefox-bin".

I don't play active content, so I can't attest to that one.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch <fd0man at gmail.com> - Jabber: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand freedom: Use open and free protocols, standards, and software.