[ale] Size does count.

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Jun 12 15:10:50 EDT 2006

On Mon June 12 2006 3:01 pm, Robert Reese wrote:
> Buy whatever hardware you want. ?Remember, sound comes primarily
> from fans and the harddrive(s). ?Find a good insulator for the
> harddrive(s) and use fanless watercooling for your processor (and
> video card if necessary). ?Look for a FANLESS external power supply
> that is reliable. ?One more thing to consider is mineral oil. ?I've
> heard of some geeks use aquariums with mineral oil or vegetable oil
> to cool the cpu and standard power supply.
I can hear the compressor cut on for my refrigerator, 8 feet from my
PC, I can hear the ceiling fan chain hit the glass globes, when it
wobbles. Most computer rooms I've been in have so much white noise I
couldn't tell which fan was on, and besides that, I'm deaf in one ear.
I don't think a watercooled power supply is real high on my priority
list.. But now that I am home for a few days, I might have to replace
the SUSE 10.0 partition on my laptop with my new Kubuntu 6 CD :)
I do usually sit my laptop up on coasters, just to give it a little
extra clearance on the bottom, so it will stay cooler.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800