[ale] Mount an ipod

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 17 07:50:35 EST 2005

Mark Wright wrote:
> Does anyone know if I can mount an HFS (mac) format ipod connected via
> USB on mandrake 9.2 and have GTKpod use it.

Years ago I mounted an old mac zip drive on my Linux box.  I can't
recall the file system and don't know enough about macs to know what it
should have been, but it was successful.

There is support in the kernel for HFS:

Apple Macintosh file system support
CONFIG_HFS_FS
   If you say Y here, you will be able to mount Macintosh-formatted
   floppy disks and hard drive partitions with full read-write access.
   Please read <file:fs/hfs/HFS.txt> to learn about the available mount
   options.

Can't help you with the rest... :(

--
Until later, Geoffrey