[ale] Mount an ipod

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Sun Jan 16 23:33:49 EST 2005

Does anyone know if I can mount an HFS (mac) format ipod connected via
USB on mandrake 9.2 and have GTKpod use it.

I have made a few attempts.  I may need to link /dev/sdb to /mnt/ipod.

My real issue is that GTKpod is looking for
/mnt/ipod/ipod_Control/iTunes/iTunesDB.  The GTKpod instructions say
that there are at least two disks that have to mount on the ipod.  For
example sdb1 would be the OS and sdb2 the music DB.  It is the music DB
that GTKpod needs.  All I see is the result of /proc/scsi/scsi shows:

Host: scsi1  = apple ipod Direct-access

And when I do eject /dev/sdb my ipod unmounts properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks....Mark