[ale] NVIDIA cards and drivers

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Wed May 28 16:07:30 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 13:30, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Watch yourself Sean. Don't let them corner you with the "love to configure all
> day long or go use Microsoft" insult.

Corner you with the "love to configure all day long or go use Microsoft"
insult...?... What is this? A debate or a mud slinging contest?. If I
wanted to sling mud, I'd be on usenet. But, I'm not: This is a debate.

> We know why we use Linux. Make a list. Next, see how that list of attributes
> are NOT are not related to Nvidia cards.

Each to his own. After all, this is linux.

> The question remains, why do some Linux users want to do extra work, pay more
> and use closed source drivers? It is anti-thetical to Linux.

I debate that point. google uses linux and they run proprietary sw on
all their machines. Just because you run linux does not mean if the sw
is not free you don't want it. Also, how about all those programs you've
paid to have written. Care to open source all of them and stick them up
on the web for download?

> Thus, if they want to use more expensive, closed source software that requires
> more work THEY should move to Windows.

See the previous paragraph.

> Support Open Source Video Drivers.

I do suppport open source video drivers. However, not even ati fully
suppports open source regarding their cards. That's why not all of the
features are supported.

Best

M. Dickens