[ale] SCSI help

Dennis Herrick herrickd at huntingdon.edu
Wed Jun 19 18:39:41 EDT 2002

My company is buying me a new computer, but there probably isn't room
inside for my scsi drives. I'm thinking of going external for that from
an Adaptec U160 controller.

What do I need in an external box in terms of cables? I know that SE,
U2W and U160 are all 68 pin connections, but is the cabling different
for all these?

Would I be better of getting SCA drives and finding an external box with
80 pin SCA?

I'm not sure when I see something on a web page that it is the same
thing I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

---