[ale] SCSI help

Matt Smith msmith at risklabs.com
Wed Jun 19 18:47:56 EDT 2002

SCA Really isn't a cable interface, it's more for drive-to-backplane.  There
are several manufacturers of external enclosures for U160 drives.  You may
find some that support SCA drives, but you won't find an SCA to SCA cable to
connect your enclosure to the host adapter.

As long as your controller has an external SCSI port, and you get a cable
that mates that connector to your drive enclosure, you'll be in business.
Also, be sure to get a terminator for the other port on the back of your
enclosure if it doesn't do some build-in termination.

--Matt