[ale] Home network with ADSL? (with a twist)

Jeffrey B Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Fri Jan 19 12:58:06 EST 2001

Hello,

   I took the plunge (probably foolhardy) and ordered
Bell South ADSL (insert death-like scream). To make
life easier on me, and more importantly my wife, I think
I will install the mondem in my wife's Windows 98 box (with
some measure of security - at least as much as one can
have with Windows). Then I want to connect my Linux
box to the net via a home network (hub, or switch, etc). Has
anyone done this? If so, any helpful comments or details?
(Before anyone tells me to put the modem in my Linux box
and use Roaring Penguin to get connected, let's explore this
approach first).

TIA,

Jeff Layton