[ale] Microsoft just called...

Carl Forsell cforsell at roman.net
Tue Oct 24 10:30:16 EDT 2000

Couldn't help it... had to pass this along.

Just got a phone call from M$ corporate headquarters.  They were doing an
"Industry Survey" on ISP's.

All went well untill I told him that 90% of the sites we host are on Linux
and 10% M$.  He started to ask if we would consider shifting the Linux sites
to IIS.  I asked why I would want to?

He spent 10 minutes telling me of the virtues of NT.  I interupted by
laughing when he got to "robust" and "STABLE".  I told him that even though
90% of the sites we host are on Linux, 90% of my time is spent trying to
keep the IIS sites up and running.  I have been keeping stats to back those
numbers up and offered to share them freely if he wished. He didn't.

At that point he thanked me for my time and hung up so he could lick his
wounds.