[ale] Hardware Announcement

Jennifer Taylor JMTaylor at wpo.co.chatham.ga.us
Tue Aug 15 20:31:37 EDT 2000

** Low Priority **

This guy I know who buys old hardware at auctions just called me up.  He's in Savannah.  He's got a ton of 486s, low end pentium, right now he's got lots of SCSI stuff, printers,  about 300 monitors etc.  It's all may-or-may-not work stuff, but last time I bought from him I got 10 WYSE xterminals w/monitors, 3 HP Laserjet IIIs, 3 HP server cases with various and sundry motherboards, about 10 1 GB SCSI drives, a SCSI CDROM, and god knows what all else for $300.  A Volvo wagon and a pickup truck full of stuff.

Pentium 75 & 100s for $25 (that's motherboard, case, and chip mainly) and 486/66 motherboard and chip for $2.  Linux geek's bonanza.  I can pick up a whole bunch of stuff and arrange to get it whoever is interested if you want to tell me what you're looking for, or I can give you directions if you are able to get to Savannah in the next day or two.  Thing is, he scraps out most of it, especially the low end stuff, so you have to hurry up or you'll find that you *could* have gotten this excellent deal but he's already pulled the chip and memory and sold it for scrap.

If any of you do any rebuilding to sell overseas or give to charities, this is a great place to get stuff for it.   The real geek in me just writhes in pain to see all this perfecty working stuff be scrapped when poor children in africa NEED LINUX!!  ;)

jenn