[ale] Kernel Panic question

Joe Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 15 20:47:04 EDT 2000

Erg. 'Twould most ignominiously suck to have to back up
a 20GB partition in 10MB chunks. FWIW, I've made backups
of my 4GB /home partition onto TR4 tapes using tar and
did not have this problem.

-- Joe

Cor van Dijk wrote:

> Hello Brian and Joe
>
> I had some sad experiences with tape backups. When a directory holds more than say
> 20 MB some subdirectories may be empty. This happened to me with both "taper" and
> plain "tar". I do not know what causes this, but nowadays I keep my backups in the
> neighborhood of 10 MB each. This avoids the problem.  Cor van Dijk.

*** Joseph Knapka ***
In any formula, constants (especially those obtained from handbooks)
are to be treated as variables.