[ale] Kernel Panic question

Cor van Dijk cor.angela at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 15 20:20:43 EDT 2000

Hello Brian and Joe

I had some sad experiences with tape backups. When a directory holds more than say
20 MB some subdirectories may be empty. This happened to me with both "taper" and
plain "tar". I do not know what causes this, but nowadays I keep my backups in the
neighborhood of 10 MB each. This avoids the problem.  Cor van Dijk.