[ale] Disable PnP BIOS for Linux?

Mike Nolan mdnolan at concentric.net
Tue Oct 5 23:36:35 EDT 1999

I know this is a little "off" for this list, but I figure this is the most
likely place where someone has run across this.

I need to disable the Plug and Play in an Award BIOS ver. 4.51PG so I can
install a NIC card.

After reading manuals, searching lots of mailing list archives, newsgroups,
websites, you name it, I find several occurrences of  "set PnP OS Installed
to 'No'"

Well guess what?  There is no option in this BIOS for this. (not that I can
find, and I've spend all day at this.)

There's a screen that says;

PNP/PCI CONFIGURATION

and when you select this you get a screen that says;

Resources Controlled By  : Auto (or Manual)
Reset Configuration Data  : Disabled (or Enabled)

When set to manual above you get to choose "PCI/ISA Pnp" or "Legacy ISA"
for IRQ 3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12,14,15 and the same for DMA 0-7

and a few more options.

Am I getting warm here?  Does anyone know how to turn PnP off for this?

Thanks for your time.

Mike Nolan
Dallas, GA