[ale] VMware & Gnome

hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:49:20 EDT 1999

Marc Mamane <catphysh at mindspring.net> wrote:

> I could forward the details should it happen _again_ as this time I am
> ready.  I am toying with VMware on RH 6.0 wih Enlightenment and Gnome.  I
> am running VMware's Mach64 X server as well.  My X server keeps crashing
> with all sorts of gdk errors.  On a Debian machine with WindowMaker I
> don't see any problems.  Is this strictly Gnome related?  Any suggestions
> on what I might do?

I have my suspicions of the Mach64 XFree driver.  Enlightenment can cause my
machine to die hard and there seem to be some problems with using Mahogany
under Mach64.  The problem specifically relates to wxGtk, which is a wrapper
around Gtk, so  it wouldn't suprise me to see something else like gdk tickling
a bug.
--Michael