[ale] VMware & Gnome

S. Eric Asberry easberry at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 29 14:20:08 EDT 1999

I'm running NT 4.0 SP4 under VMWare on RedHat 6.0, and I'm using VMWare's
Mach64 X server on a PCI ATI All-In-Wonder, and I'm running Enlightenment
and Gnome, and I've not had any problems with X.  So I would venture that
it's not strictly a Gnome problem.

What version of VMWare are you running?  I'm running the latest
"experimental" release, but I also ran version 1.0 for quite awhile on the
same configuration with no problems.

The only suggestion I can give you is to post to the vmware news groups
(which is hosted from vmware's site) if you haven't already.

Eric