[ale] 2 video cards co-existing?

Patrick Ramsey Ramsey_Patrick at promina.org
Mon Jul 12 12:48:19 EDT 1999

hmmm.... is this in Linux or M$?

If it is in M$, I wouldn't doubt it... Some apps install with hard links in the registry to specific files based on the video card in the machine at the time of install.

On the Linux side, the same thing may be occuring if you have something configured to use and older driver than what you want to use now.

Or, worst case, you might just get the fist and not be able to do it because of motherboard/bios issues. :(

-Patrick

>>> Nomad the Wanderer <nomad at orci.com> 07/12/99 11:18AM >>>

Well,
  I tried it.  Everything looked great until it tried to start the
frame buffer.  Then it went black.  I didn't have time to play yet,
but the frame buffer supports the AGP device(ATI), but apparently not the
PCI device(viper550).  It almost looks like it boots off the viper which
it should, but then the frame buffer swaps to the ATI which isn't plugged
in.

Robert

Thus spake Patrick Ramsey (Ramsey_Patrick at promina.org):