[ale] Alpha RH 5.0 install problem

Dale Babcock dale at dbig.com
Thu Jan 15 14:38:08 EST 1998

Hi everyone,

In the process of installing RH 5.0 Alpha,  I have been running 4.2 for
some time with no problems.  I re-partioned and also re-formatted the
drive, figured I'd start fresh.  When the basesystem gets ready to load I get:

"RPM install of basesystem failed: Package basesystem 4.9-1 is for a
different architecture."

I am absolutely positive of two things:

1- It is an Alpha, Multia by DEC.
2- The CD says for Alpha right on it.

Any ideas?  Or am I, in my blissful lttle way, missing the obvious!??

Any assistance you can afford will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dale
dale at dbig.com
<http://www.dbig.com>
Linux, Multia UDB, and general computing information.