[ale] Alpha RH 5.0 install problem

Dale Babcock dale at dbig.com
Thu Jan 15 15:27:45 EST 1998

At 03:05 PM 1/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> In the process of installing RH 5.0 Alpha,  I have been running 4.2 for
>> some time with no problems.  I re-partioned and also re-formatted the
>> drive, figured I'd start fresh.  When the basesystem gets ready to load
I get:

>Umm. I didn't think that RedHat 5.0 for Alpha was out yet. Even though
thte CD
>says this are you sure that its is correct?

It was ordered directly from RH last week, ordered Alpha 5.0, it says Alpha
5.0, has Milo, etc ...  Is there any way for sure to tell if it really is
the Alpha version?  Maybe no one told RH it's not out yet? :)  I emailed
tech support yesterday, nothing yet ...
Wanted to play with it over the three day weekend, got more than I
bargained for ...
<http://www.dbig.com>
Linux, Multia UDB, and general computing information.