[ale] Byte magazine OS survey...make your mark with Linux!

Steven A. DuChene sduchene at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 7 21:45:37 EDT 1996

I was just looking around on Byte's web site for the August Pornelle
column and discovered they are doing a survey of OS's are used in the
workplace. It asks several question about usage and trends but one
questions is: "If UNIX is used in your workplace, which one(s)?"
and Linux is one of nine listed! SCO is noticeable by it's absence.
The URL for this survey form is:

http://www.byte.com/admin/osa.htm

so if your interested in contributing data about your use of Linux or
other version of Unix in your workplace check it out and submit an entry.

Perhaps something like this is a good way to track Linux usage in the
workplace and get some good publicity as a result.

I would think the various major distribution distribution vendors like
RedHat, Caldera, and etc. would be interesting in seeing some figures
gathered by a publication like this get some good press from a possible
article.
--
Steven A. DuChene   Linux Weenie!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene

		isollae - loneliness in the face of beauty
		    -- Sean Russell, "World Without End"