[ale] The reverse of popclient

W. Craig McDaniel kreg at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 7 23:23:22 EDT 1996

blackgr at sysconn.com wrote:

> I'm connecting to a local ISP here in Savannah via SLIP and Linux.
> Telnet, ftp, netscape and lynx works fine, but I haven't got an email
> solution worked out yet. I have no need or desire to set up an email
> system on my personal unit. Popclient retrieves my email just fine, but
> to this point I see no simple way of sending mail.  Is there a simple
> utility that does the reverse of popclient and will allow me to avoid
> setting up smail, sendmail, etc. etc.??? Thanks much.
>
> Glynn Black          blackgr at sysconn.com

I'm just using Netscape for my mail.  In the Netscape menu under
Options->Mail & News Preferences->Servers, I've just set the outgoing
mail SMTP server (whatever that is) to the name of my ISP
(mindspring.com) and it works fine.  It also has a setting for incoming
mail and I'm using Popclient for that.
--
Craig McDaniel