[ale] TCL/TK

Tim Zane zanetim at auburn.campus.mci.net
Sun Jul 7 20:58:26 EDT 1996

	Ok, i have had a little trouble an eggdrop bot for irc.  It would
not compile due to the TCL library i believe, i got the following error:

gcc -s -o eggdrop chan.o chanprog.o chanset.o cmds.o dcc.o dccutil.o
filedb.o fileeq.o files.o gotdcc.o hash.o main.o match.o mem.o misc.o
mode.o msgcmds.o msgnotice.o net.o net.o tandmcd.o tandem.o tcl.o
tclhash.o userrec.o users.o -L/usr/lib -ltcl7.4 -lm
gcc internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 11

I made the following correction to my Make file to fix it:

I change: -L/usr/lib -ltcl
to:       -L. -ltcl2

Basically what i did was recompile tcl and renamed libtcl.a to libtcl2.a
and placed libtcl2.a in the Makefile directory.  After i did this it
compiled correctly.

Ok now for the question.  How come when I install TCL to usr/lib (ie make
install) the program doesn't compile?  It seems that the new library
would replace the old one.  I shouldn't have to change the Makefile like
i did.  I tried removing the old tcl with pkgtool as well and that didn't
work.

	I hope this is enough information.

						-Tim Zane
						zanetim at auburn.campus.mci.net