[ale] Re: netscape error under elf SVGA 3.1.2*

Steven A. DuChene sduchene at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 31 09:50:20 EDT 1996

What kind of video card/chipset do you have? Are you sure there isn't
a particular server for your card instead of the generic SVGA one?
What does SuperProbe say about it? Have you filed a bug report with
the XFree86 folks? After all that is why they have the Beta releases
available.

Also I got a message from Andy last night saying he had figured
out his problem which was causing his machine to crash when he used
netscape. Perhaps he could post what he found out so the rest of us
will know what was causing his weird problem. Then you could tell if
this was related.
--
Steven A. DuChene   Linux Weenie!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene

The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I will
walk carefully.
                -- Russian Proverb