[ale] need XFree86-3.1.2F XF86_Mach32 Xserver

Chris Ricker cricker at nyx.net
Sat Aug 31 13:01:07 EDT 1996

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Steven A. DuChene wrote:

> Since I am using the Beta release of the XFree86 Xserver that is due
> to expire on Sept. 1st. I would like to be able to get the newer
> 3.1.2F server before then. Unfortunately I have been unable
> to get onto the ftp.xfree86.org site to do that. If anyone does
> succeed in getting on could you please pick up the ELF version of
> the ATI Mach32 Xserver for me from the 3.1.2F area? I believe the
> file should be called X312FMa32.tgz. Thanks.

I just went through installing 3.1.2F on a machine at work (It has a
Mach64 that's only supported by beta X).  Fortunately, I had the good luck
to look for the binaries in that magic hour after XFree86 put them on
their site and before they announced them ;-).

F is a complete package, not a patch deal like E, so you'll have to get
the whole distribution.  I just checked, and I don't still have it on the
machine at work in the distribution form.  Sorry.

> Why the Beta releases aren't mirrored someplace else is a real puzzle
> to me. All I have been able to locate at the various mirror sites they
> list when I get a "Too many users" failure at the above site is the old
> 3.1.2 released code from 1995.

Look in RedHat's mirror
(ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/mirrors/ftp.xfree86.org/XFree86/).  They have
the whole 3.1.2F distribution there, and you can probably get into it.
Or, you could learn to use ncftp's redial (though that's kinda rude ;-).

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker